- Sedimentary, climatic, and biotic impact of an ancient greenhouse warming episode on the Chinese mainland, 2017-2019, funded Royal Academy of Science of the Netherlands (KNAW), Joint-Research-Project, China Exchange Programme [URL]
- FRESCO – Developing a predictive model to quantify fluvial reservoir connectivity and heterogeneity, 2018-2022, funded by Wintershall Nederland, Equinor and Topsector TKI Upstream Gas
- Modelling deep water deposits using Delft3D
- Devising a unified knowledge base in river-avulsion dynamics: deconstructing process-product linkage via coupled forward and inverse modeling. Funding from Marie Curie fellowship and TUDelft (Leading fellows program)
- Development of Delft3D-GeoTool. An open source (GPL-V3) online GUI and DataBase software development for reservoir geological applications. Funding from Equinor and Deltares.
- From fluvial supply to delta deposits – Sediment delivery, transport and deposition. Funding from Deltares, Shell and NWO.
- Physics-based numerical modeling of lacustrine fluvio-deltaic responses in relation to reservoir architecture, Funding from Equinor and Deltares
- Untangling the sediment flux control in sedimentary basin stratigraphy. Funding from NWO (VIDI grant to Joep Storms)
- On the modelling of river delta formation. Funding from Equinor